Jan 1, 2016 (Ongoing)
SEEKING PATIENTS WITH PARKINSON’S DISEASE AND HEALTHY VOLUNTEERS FOR RESEARCH STUDIES
The laboratory of Dr. Penny A. MacDonald in the Brain and Mind Institute at the University of Western Ontario is seeking individuals diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease as well as healthy volunteers to participate in research studies on attention, memory, and thinking. Experiments involve either simple computerized tasks, functional MRI scans, or both. You will have to answer some questions (< 10 minutes) to ensure that you are eligible to participate in research studies prior to scheduling your appointment. If you are interested in being involved or require more information, please contact the MacDonald Lab at (519) 661-2111 ex. 80271or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check that you meet ALL of the following criteria:
• between 18 and 80 years of age
• NO history of another neurological or major psychiatric disorder (if Parkinson’s patient)
• NO history of neurological or major psychiatric disorder (if healthy control)
• NO requirement for prescribed medications that make you drowsy
• NO history of abusing alcohol, prescription or street drugs
• NOT taking Aricept (Donepezil), Reminyl (Galantamine), Exelon (Rivastigmine), or Memantine (Ebixa)
To also participate in fMRI studies, you must meet these additional criteria:
• NOT claustrophobic
• NO pacemakers or other electronic implants in body
• NO metallic implants in body
• NOT pregnant
• NO cerebral aneurysm clips/coils
The following links will take you to the appropriate locations. Be sure to click on the link mentioned during your discussion with the experimenter.
Group 1: Please go HERE.
Group 2: Please go HERE.
Group 3: Please go HERE.
Group 4: Please go HERE.
If you are having difficulty or the password is not working please write to Andrew ( email@example.com), …